Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Nearly Done

Since this post, I have made good progress on the silk sock. I tried it on the other evening to see how close I was getting to the toe. I decided about 10 more rounds should do it, and now I've got about one more to go before I begin the toe decrease.

One thing I discovered when I tried it on was that the cast on at the top of the leg was a smidge tight. Well, more than a smidge. I had trouble getting it over my heel, but by taking it slow and easy, I was able to ease it around.

I think when I do the second one, I will cast on with size 1 or 2 needles. If I wanted to get fancy, I could do a provisional cast on that leaves a nice stretchy edge. But I think I might be a little lazy for that. Maybe on a future pair.

No comments:

Post a Comment