Friday, December 2, 2011

Mini Sock Ornaments

This is a great way to use leftover yarn.


The photo shows several of the mini sock ornaments I've knitted over the last several months. I've been using a pattern by Stacey Trock available on Ravelry, which I modified slightly. I knit 20 rounds before I start the heel flap, instead of 13. I felt the leg of the sock needed to be longer.

Here are a couple of close-ups:



The hanger loop is a two-stitch I-cord.

I've made the pattern so many times I've nearly got it memorized. That's great, but I thought it might be time to change things up just a little. So I went looking for a mini sock pattern that called for a short-row heel. And through the magic of the interwebs, I found this.

The new pattern has a more complicated way of knitting the cuff and more stitches in the round. Essentially, I'm going to take the number of stitches (24) in Stacey's pattern, knit a regular K1P1 cuff, and rework the instructions for the short-row heel from the second pattern to fit that number.

I'll let you know how it works out!

No comments:

Post a Comment