It seemed like a good idea at the time.
That’s what I thought about making a pair of silk socks.
Last night, I ”finished” the first one. I wrote “finished” because I stopped working on it and kitchenered the toe sooner than I should have. Why? Because I was getting frustrated.
I don’t know what changed, but the yarn was getting really sticky. It was not sliding off the needles easily. This had happened on occasion, but if I put the knitting down and came back to it later, it seemed to go away.
But as I was working on the toe, it just . . . kept . . . sticking. Which is bad enough when you're working on a regular round, but when it's on the decrease and the number of stitches you’re working with keeps getting smaller. . . . Well, let’s just say that it wasn’t fun.
I knew that I still should do more on the toe, but I ignored the little voice in my head and went ahead and stitched it closed.
Technically, it fits, but I can feel the seam more than I should.
On other socks I've made, I haven’t succumbed to single sock syndrome. Maybe at some future date, I will cast on the second silk sock. But, for now, I think I will take a break and work on something else.
Perhaps I will make something with the yummy alpaca yarn I received for Christmas from my lovely husband, Tim.