Yesterday, in Graphic Design, we each presented our preliminary designs for the logo and wayfinding for a fictional high-tech convention.
The technology I chose is MEMS (micro-electro-mechanical systems). As part of my research, I looked at all kinds of images on the interwebs, such as this and this and this. I based my logo concepts on some of the images I found. This is the one that other people agreed was the best.
There were some suggestions as to how to improve it, so there is still work to do.
The other class that I'm going down to the wire in is Flash. Today I spent a good 6 hours working on the final project for that class. The assignment is to create an nonlinear, interactive maze with sound effects.
Here is the opening image for my project.
When I presented my idea, I was told that I had essentially recreated Frogger. Not ever having been much into playing video games, I could only shrug.
Today, I had to make an adjustment to my original concept today, in the interests of completing the project. I had wanted to have two lanes of traffic moving in each direction for the chicken to dodge. However, I simply was making no headway toward figuring out how to combine and synchonize an animated movie clip and a button with a hit state. Finally, I gave up and went with a static maze.
It's not nearly as interesting, but I just couldn't keep beating my head against that wall.
I haven't quite given up though. I'm still working on a test file, and if I can get it to work, I may still try to rework the project.