Saturday, November 5, 2011

Urban Wildlife

This afternoon, my daughter and I went for a walk around Green Lake. I took my good digital camera along, the one with the 10x zoom, hoping that maybe there would be something worth photographing. Here’s what we saw.

A bird perched out on the lake. I thought it was a heron, but when I got home and looked closely at the photo, I saw that it was something else, but I don’t know exactly what. I only know that it was also not a duck or a gull. But I like the silhouette it makes against the water, with the rowers off to the side.


Farther along, we happened on some people stopped along the path looking up. So we stopped and looked up, too. What had captured everyone’s attention was a bald eagle atop a tall tree.


It was a good day for birdwatching.

No comments:

Post a Comment