Sunday, November 13, 2011

Thrifty Is as Thrifty Does

In the wintertime, I have two sets of flannel sheets that take turns keeping me and my lovely husband Tim warm at night. However, last weekend when I was folding the laundry, I discovered that the bottom sheet of the set that had just gone through the laundry had developed two holes.


Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but I really like those sheets. I like them almost as much as the sheep-print flannel sheets that they replaced.

Knowing that even if I mended the sheet, its useful life was now nearing the end, my lovely husband and I visited the various department stores near us to see what sorts of designs were available. Long story short: I was not inspired by the selection of boring solids, unimaginative plaids and snowflakes, and cutesy penguins.

So this morning I patched the holes.


My mother would be so pleased.

No comments:

Post a Comment