Thursday, June 14, 2012

Web Design 101

Yesterday, students presented final projects in two of my classes — Dreamweaver and Photoshop.

For Dreamweaver, most people designed a personal portfolio web site, which was the primary assignment. However, with the instructor's approval, I chose to redesign the web site for a friend of mine, quiltmaker and teacher Sally Schneider. We had had lunch over spring break, and I had mentioned that I would be taking a class in Dreamweaver at some point. At the time, I did not know that I would be taking it spring quarter.

A couple of days later, I received an email from the department's program manager informing me that my Flash class had been canceled due to low enrollment and I needed to pick something else.

So, when the final project was assigned about a month ago, I emailed Sally to ask her if it was okay with her if I redesigned her web site. She said, Sure!

It's still a work in progress, but here are screen captures of three representative pages. She likes what I've done (thanks, Sally!) and we're going to work together to complete the site.





Tomorrow, I will feature the movie poster I designed for the Photoshop final project. (It's awesome!)

No comments:

Post a Comment