On my summer To-Do list is "Paint the Spare Bedroom."
When we moved into this house four years ago, one of the bedrooms had been occupied by a teenage boy and was painted a dark forest green.
In our eyes, not pretty. But since it was rarely occupied and functioned mostly as a storeroom, not high on our list of home-improvement projects.
Now, however, that I am not a full-time student, I determined that it was time to remedy the situation. Thus, earlier this week, I removed all the boxes and furniture, except for the bed. I had thought I would leave it there and cover it with a sheet, but I may reconsider if I think working around it will be too troublesome.
There are a variety of small holes that need to be filled, but the instructions on the container of patching compound said that the surface should be clean. I took this to mean that I should wipe down the walls with a damp cloth, which I proceeded to do this morning.
In the course of doing so, I discovered a few places where the green paint had chipped away to show the previous paint color — a dark blue. I suppose in the grand scheme of things, more attractive than the dark green, but maybe not by much.
The color we chose is called Blue Mist. It is a light blue which should coordinate well with the quilt that lives on the twin bed in the room. It also will go with the color I eventually hope to have on the outside of the house, which will match the color of the shed I painted last summer.