Friday, January 20, 2012

Fun with Photoshop

As I mentioned before, one of the classes I am enrolled in is Photoshop I.

I knew how to do some basic stuff, but my knowledge was pretty limited. I’d never had a pressing need to learn more, but things have changed. Now, I wish I hadn’t waited so long.

One of the main points the instructor has stressed is the ability and importance of non-destructive editing.

I had no idea. But it is so cool.

Anyway, at our last class, the instructor urged us to go home and play around with the tools and techniques he had introduced so far, and bring the results to class for show-and-tell.

Here are a couple of things I’ve done.


On the left is a photo of an azalea that was in the backyard of my old house. Using the magic lasso and lasso tools, I outlined one of the flowers; inverted the selection; created a Curves layer; and changed the highlights and midpoint.


On the left is a photo of my charming husband Tim that I took when we were visiting some friends in Spokane last year. I selected his T-shirt with the magic wand; copy and pasted to create a new layer; and used the Color Replacement tool to change his shirt from blue to tan.

Still pretty basic stuff, I’m sure. But it’s a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment