Thursday, November 28, 2013

Baklava

Yesterday afternoon, for no particular reason other than that I had the time and I've been wanting to do this for awhile, I made baklava.

Some time ago, I bought a package of phyllo dough and used half of it for something else that was, shall we say, less than successful. But no matter.

Since then, the other roll of phyllo dough in its box had been taking up space in the freezer.

For several years now, baklava has been one of my favorite desserts. I think I became most familiar with it when it would show up in Christmas gift baskets at the place I used to work. I absolutely love the honey-infused juiciness when I bite into a piece.

Anyway, I found this recipe. Seemed simple enough. The only ingredient I had to purchase was the walnuts. And since I had only the half package of dough, I cut the quantities in half.

It turned out to be one the quickest, easiest things I've ever made.

And without doubt, one of the most delicious.

Fresh out of the oven
In their individual cupcake papers



No comments:

Post a Comment