Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Student Sculpture

The 3-D Design students are at it again.

Yesterday, as I was leaving the library, I overhead a group of students say something about “penguins.” Curious, I followed them to find out more. They turned out to be touring the campus to look at their fellow classmates’ projects. This was their next stop.


There is a fountain next to a patio/walkway near the student union building, and a family of pink penguins had taken up residence. Mama Penguin and 3 little ones.






Later on, I saw one of the girls in the class. She told me that her project was downstairs in the student union.


Then, this morning as I was driving through the parking lot, I saw this fellow.



Earlier in the quarter, there were a number of wire sculptures in the upstairs hallway of the Visual Communications building.








 

The last is supposed to be a tornado. I wasn't really clear on that until I overhead someone talking about it.

While I'm at it, there are also a couple of projects that I took pictures of last quarter, but never got around to posting until now.







This last one I saw not at school but one day when I was walking around Green Lake. But it fits it with the other projects shown here.


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing. I am currently ensnared by attempts to bend wire into something interesting. Who knew? Knitting makes more sense, but wire sculpture is more feral!

    ReplyDelete