Sunday, September 16, 2012

Finally Finished!

Some time ago, my husband asked me if I could knit him a pair of fingerless mitts like the ones I had made for myself. He often takes the bus to work, and listens to podcasts on his iPhone, which is great until he needs to do something with the touchscreen. If it's cold and he's wearing gloves, he has to take them off. So fingerless mitts would eliminate that problem.

I'm not sure when exactly I started working on the mitts, but it's been several months. First, I had to adjust the pattern because his hands are bigger.

As of last March, I had gotten very far along; all that was left to do was the thumbs.

And there they sat. And sat. And sat.

Finally, sometime over the summer, I knit the thumbs. Then they sat some more, waiting for the ends to be woven in.

Now that fall is almost upon us, I decided it was high time to Wrap Up This Project. Which I did.




No comments:

Post a Comment