Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Shelly's Quilt

Ten months in the making.

From this to this to . . .


. . . this.

Technically, it does not qualify as a Ten-Year Quilt, because Shelly and I were "laid off" in a round of downsizing and budget-cutting last November.

But I had already started cutting the fabric for the blocks. I returned the reimbursement check for the fabric to the company, after being informed that it was company property, and went ahead with the project. The usual suspects, plus two, helped with sewing the blocks together, machine-quilting it, and sewing on the binding.

Shelly and I met for lunch today. I had picked up the quilt on Monday, but had not let on to Shelly that it was ready.

When I got it out of my car, she said that she had been afraid to ask about it.

It fits her bed perfectly . . .


. . . and she is thrilled.


Satisfaction guaranteed.

No comments:

Post a Comment