Thursday, May 3, 2012

Birds of Spring

This morning, after dropping Tim off at the bus stop, I headed down to Green Lake for a morning constitutional. I’m planning to do this several times a week, now that the days are longer and the weather is (finally!) getting warmer.

Yesterday, I saw a mama duck and seven tiny ducklings paddling around. I didn’t have my camera with me, but I made sure to take it with me today.

About three-quarters of the way around the lake, I finally came across the ducks, including Dad (I’m going to assume it was the same group) pecking around in the grass.

I took this video with my camera. The ducklings were spread too far apart to ever get them all in the picture.

Earlier in my walk, I also saw a red-winged blackbird, hanging out among the foxtails and doing a call-and-response to another bird in a nearby tree. I’d never noticed before how the tail fans out when the bird calls.


No comments:

Post a Comment