Friday, April 27, 2012

Little Lettuces

Last weekend, Tim and I planted pumpkin, zucchini, and two kinds of lettuce seeds in some egg cartons we had been saving for just this purpose. About a month ago, we planted two pots with basil seeds, which are coming along nicely. I also planted some sunflower seeds I had harvested from the wild sunflowers I planted last year. Those have begun to sprout, but so have the sunflowers from last year out in the yard. They are coming on strong! It’s nice to have it confirmed that they are, in fact, perennials.

Anyway, to my surprise, the lettuce is already sprouting! I had not expected it to show up quite so soon. But it is very gratifying to see the tiny green shoots poking out of the dirt.

This photo was taken yesterday, and already I’d say the shoots are twice as tall, if not more.

No comments:

Post a Comment