Putting together this quilt top was a bit of a departure for me. My quilts tend toward the traditional, at least in the sense that they usually incorporate identifiable quilt blocks.
This quilt, on the other hand, is made from leftover strip sets, crosscuts and pieces from a wall quilt I made several years ago. The remnants had been residing in my studio, neatly folded, waiting their turn which finally arrived last weekend.
I took the individual units and arranged them on my quilt wall, with the goal of using them as efficiently as possible, with minimal trimming.
I'm pretty pleased with it. I especially like the bits of red fabric scattered randomly.