Saturday, May 12, 2012

Using Up Scraps

After making the blocks for this quilt, I had a whole bunch of little leftover pieces, each with about a 1-3/4" square of usable fabric.

I pieced a heart out of dark squares first. Then I filled in around in with light squares. I purposefully did not align the seam lines between the dark and light sections, and also between different rows in the light sections. I like the “make-do” quality it lends.

The heart section ended up being rectangular, rather than square. No problem. Some time ago, my mom gave me an old rectangular pillow form, about 12 x 15 inches. If I added some borders to the pieced heart, it would be perfect.

This morning, I sewed up the covered cording and the overlapping back pieces and put it all together.



No comments:

Post a Comment