Saturday, February 4, 2012

Shutter Speed Assignment

I try to post two or three times a week, but sometimes life gets crazy and several days may pass between posts. This week was like that. If I thought I was busy while I was working, school keeps me way busier!

This week's photography homework is all about shutter speed. The assignment is to shoot three photos of the same subject at three different shutter speeds.

(One of the most challenging aspects, for me at least, is to come up with something other than the usual. I mean, how original is is to shoot traffic?)

Anyway, yesterday I went to a local playground and took some pictures of a little kid in a swing. They were okay, but I thought I could do better.

So I called up my former co-worker Marcy. She has a son about 10 or 11 years old. I thought it might work to get some photos of him going around on a playground merry-go-round.

Well, they didn't work so well. But the pictures I took of him practicing throwing a baseball with his dad did. Because the camera was set in continuous mode and took multiple successive shots, I was able to select three images where he was in nearly the same position.


1/250th second



1/60th second



1/15th second

No comments:

Post a Comment