Friday, February 17, 2012

Butchart Gardens “Postcard”

About a week ago, in my Photoshop class, we had what I thought was a really fun assignment.

The goal was to familiarize ourselves with the process of pasting images inside specific outlined selections of letters.

Whenever my charming husband Tim and I go on vacation, I take scads and scads of photographs (digital cameras make it so easy!). For our first anniversary last May, we took a long weekend up to Victoria, B.C. While there, we visited the Butchart Gardens.

I browsed through my photos from the trip and picked out one showing a landscape for the background and several of close-ups of various flowers for the letters. I took one small liberty with the background photo: I flopped it so the bare patch of concrete walkway would be covered up by the type.


I was quite pleased with the result.

No comments:

Post a Comment