When I had finished the cutting for my next Craftsy project, I had a fair number of small triangles left over from the strip-pieced sets.
It seemed likely that they could be turned into something useful, and indeed this turned out to be true.
I suppose if I did some research, I might discover that there is a name for this block. However, I just noticed that it looks like a variation on the Spools block. How appropos!
Since I took this photo, I have sewed the blocks together. The assembled piece now measures about 13-3/4" square. Eventually, it will become a pillow. I think I will be able to fit a 14" square pillow form — I think the form will be just squishy enough!