Saturday, June 15, 2013

Flutterbyes and Flowers and Fruit, Oh My!

 This morning when I was out watering the garden, a butterfly was flew by and landed to sun itself in the laurel hedge.


It seemed content to hang out there, so I took went inside for my camera. When I returned, it had obligingly stayed put. It took a few minutes before it opened up its wings. Not the most spectacular colors, but a nice pattern on the wings. If you look close on the right wing, you can see a ragged edge.



As long as I already had my camera, I thought I'd take some pictures of what's blooming in the yard.

The raspberries are coming along nicely. I've picked a couple, and they were quite tasty. In a week or so, there will be good picking.


Elsewhere in the backyard, there are two varieties of lavender.
This kind . . . 


And this kind . . .



Over by the fence, some poppies and pansies appeared on their own. I don't know where the pansies came from, but the some poppy seeds may have made their way over there from some I had in a pot last year.


I had never notice before, that the bloom pushes the green bud casing off the end.


Also, peonies . . .


And roses . . .



There is also this flowering shrub, but I don't know what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment