Sunday, January 20, 2013

Illustrator Image Trace

So, I work a lot in Illustrator. Back in the day, when I was working, I practically lived, breathed, slept and ate in it.

It is still the program I feel most comfortable in. It is just *so* familiar. (I used to feel that way about FreeHand. Remember when Adobe still had some competition? Those were the days. . . .)

Anyway, earlier today, my daughter updated her profile picture on Facebook. I think she has used this one before, and I kind of like it.

But when I saw it today, again, I thought, What would the new-and-improved Image Trace feature in Illustrator CS6 do with this?

Here's what it came up with:





The last one looks very close to the actual photograph, at least at smaller size and lower res. You can even identify the background as a stucco wall. I also like the definition in her hand. I find hands very intriguing and interesting, from an artist's POV. They are not easy to draw.

No comments:

Post a Comment