Monday, February 17, 2014

Making Progress

It's funny sometimes how, after you've been working on something for a really really really long time, all of a sudden, it's done!

That's kind of how I feel about the Maple Leaf quilt. Just one month ago, it looked like this. It had taken me a year to get to that point.

Once I had all the blocks arranged, I started sewing them into pairs, then sewing pairs to pairs, small set to small set to bigger set. Saturday afternoon, there were four or five large sections done. What remained weren't simple rectangular sections. Because of the way I had rearranged the individual maple leaf blocks, I ended up having to sew several partial seams.

That's what I did yesterday.


The finished top measures about 70" x 90". I didn't make it with a particular finished size in mind, but those dimensions should work well enough for a twin size bed.

I'm thinking that I may get this top machine quilted. I've never sent one of my quilts out for machine quilting, but I think this is a good candidate. There are so many seams and so few wide open spaces, that I don't think I would enjoy hand quilting it.

I'm not sure what my next quilting project will be, but I have some ideas kicking around in my head.

I'm also making good progress on my sweater. Yesterday, I finished the front.

Once I started shaping the neck, and I was working on fewer stitches, it went pretty quick, especially after I had done all the decreases on both the neck and armhole and was just knitting on 12 stitches.

No comments:

Post a Comment